If you are considering a new career or a career change, CIA suggests you take a good look at the insurance industry.
A career in insurance is sustainable; after all, insurance has been around awhile, dating back to 1347 in Genoa, Italy. The insurance industry employs more than 2.3 million individuals in the United States alone. The insurance industry offers an array of positions, so you can easily transfer your knowledge and climb the career ladder, especially at CIA. In our industry, you won’t be bored – there is no such thing as a typical day. You will enjoy meeting with diverse individuals who all have unique needs and risks for you to assess and address. Further, although we prefer a college education, there is no specific educational background or experience required.
Combined Insurance Agencies is looking for energetic people who will derive great satisfaction from helping others.
You can be at the forefront of assisting others to plan and prepare for life’s obstacles whether they be big or small. We are a team-oriented agency that believes in professional development. Our employees participate in industry and company sponsored training to ensure we are up to date and ready to provide top-quality customer service to our clients. Take a look at the open positions. To apply for one or all of our positions, provide us with your resume and a cover letter that highlights those talents you wish to bring to Combined Insurance Agencies.
We have immediate openings with the two positions listed below. Click below for more details.
Personal Lines Account Manager/CSR
Benefits Offered: Medical Insurance, Pension Plan
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial insurance agency growing rapidly in Michigan looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Personal Lines CSR – Account Manager. This can be a high paced position so organization, attention to detail and superior customer service is a must. We will license and train the right person!
We represent a premier group of insurance companies which enables you to provide multiple quotes for your clients to meet their insurance needs at a competitive price. Retain current clients by proactively recognizing client needs and providing advanced solutions. We believe that we operate best as a team so there will also be occasional producer support duties to assist in the overall smooth operation of the personal insurance department.
- Manage renewal and new business proposal processes
- Develop and maintain strong carrier and client relationships
- Prepare for and attend client meetings
- Assist clients in reporting claims
- Perform insurance policy, coverage, and exposure reviews
- Handle service, processing or claim situations with client and/or carrier personnel
- Identify and assist in developing cross selling opportunities
- Pursue a program for personal and professional development
- Perform projects and tasks as delegated
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Prior insurance experience is preferred but not required; we will train and license the right person
- Possess a genuine willingness to learn; be intuitive, resourceful and coachable
- Possess an upbeat, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident, self-starter who works well independently
- Must have ability to multi-task
- Career minded vision
- Proficient with technology and comfortable learning new software
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Property & Casualty license is preferred but we will help the right person obtain license
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
At CIA, we want you to achieve an even work-life balance. As a personal lines account manager, you will build a book of business with increased opportunities for bonuses.
Other benefits you will enjoy as an Account Manager include:
- Medical Insurance (HSA)
- Pension (SEP) Retirement Plan
- Annual Performance Reviews & Goal Setting
- New Business Incentives
- PTO, Paid Holidays
We are recruiting for a Property/Casualty Agent to join our office. You will have an opportunity to build your own book of business and assist existing customers with their insurance needs. As a premier independent agency we have the rewarding advantage of representing multiple companies and providing our clients with the best service and pricing.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Enjoys interaction with customers
- Self motivated, driven with a focus on sales success
- Interested in building a long term career.
- Four year college degree
- Insurance or sales background is helpful but not required
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional, friendly, positive attitude
- Willingness to help others
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with staff and general public
- Ability to focus on highly detailed work under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent prioritizing skills
- Salary (based on experience) + Commission
- Pension & Medical Benefits
- Continuing education – Sales/Insurance training and licensing provided