If you are considering a new career or a career change, CIA suggests you take a good look at the insurance industry.
A career in insurance is sustainable; after all, insurance has been around awhile, dating back to 1347 in Genoa, Italy. The insurance industry employs more than 2.3 million individuals in the United States alone. The insurance industry offers an array of positions, so you can easily transfer your knowledge and climb the career ladder, especially at CIA. In our industry, you won’t be bored – there is no such thing as a typical day. You will enjoy meeting with diverse individuals who all have unique needs and risks for you to assess and address. Further, although we prefer a college education, there is no specific educational background or experience required.
Combined Insurance Agencies is looking for energetic people who will derive great satisfaction from helping others.
You can be at the forefront of assisting others to plan and prepare for life’s obstacles whether they be big or small. We are a team-oriented agency that believes in professional development. Our employees participate in industry and company sponsored training to ensure we are up to date and ready to provide top-quality customer service to our clients. Take a look at the open positions. To apply for one or all of our positions, provide us with your resume and a cover letter that highlights those talents you wish to bring to Combined Insurance Agencies.
We have immediate openings with the two positions listed below. Click below for more details.
We are recruiting for a Property/Casualty Agent to join our office. You will have an opportunity to build your own book of business and assist existing customers with their insurance needs. As a premier independent agency we have the rewarding advantage of representing multiple companies and providing our clients with the best service and pricing.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Enjoys interaction with customers
- Self motivated, driven with a focus on sales success
- Interested in building a long term career.
- Four year college degree
- Insurance or sales background is helpful but not required
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional, friendly, positive attitude
- Willingness to help others
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with staff and general public
- Ability to focus on highly detailed work under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent prioritizing skills
- Salary (based on experience) + Commission
- Pension & Medical Benefits
- Continuing education – Sales/Insurance training and licensing provided
If you are a people person, able to act as a go-between for different parties, willing to take the extra step to find the right solution, and driven to deliver total client satisfaction, this is the right opportunity for you! The position of Account Manager is a great way to get your foot into the door of a dynamic industry in an agency with lots of growth opportunities.
- Service assigned accounts by collecting, processing and distributing information to clients and agents
- Serve as the primary contact for clients, listening to customer needs, and developing solutions to ensure clients have the proper coverage
- Work with clients and agents to update and audit accounts
- Update and maintain files, databases, and contact lists
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interact well with people
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills through verbal and written communications
- Demonstrate attention to detail, high efficiency and accurate processing
- Willing to go “above and beyond” to assist customers, agents, and co-workers
- Must stay informed of industry requirements or policy changes enforced by carriers
- Able to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and demonstrate proficiency in various software programs.
Submit your documents to Eileen@ciainsurancemi.com. Send your resume and a cover letter that highlights the talents you wish to bring to Combined Insurance Agencies. Also please provide written answers to the following questions:
- You have a list of 14 processing tasks to be completed. The receptionist just transferred a billing question phone call to you. An Account Manager with a pressing deadline needs to talk to you and the President of the company just sent you an email asking for a quote by tomorrow. How do you prioritize?
- You received a phone call from a customer with a detailed question regarding their auto insurance policy. You do not have an immediate answer. How would you handle this situation and what do you tell the customer?